Texting and Driving Accidents
CALIFORNIA TEXTING AND DRIVING ACCIDENT LAWYER
Serving the Orange County, Riverside, Santa Ana and Anaheim Areas
Texting and driving in California and nationwide has become an epidemic and is up to six times more likely to cause an accident than drunk driving. Thousands of teens are killed each year texting and according to various studies has surpassed drunk driving accidents. Texting while driving is simply not a teenager issue and has become commonplace on the roads and freeways with adults. The combination of cell phone use and driving has lead to record amount of injuries and deaths in California. The statistics surrounding distracted driving are staggering. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 80 percent of vehicle crashes involve driver inattention
- Talking on a cell phone or texting while driving is the #1 source of driver inattention
- Up to 3000 people nationwide are killed in crashes where driver distractions are involved.
Even more shocking than the statistics is that drivers are fully aware of the dangers of texting and driving, yet do it anyway. Our law firm supports campaigns to curb texting and driving in California. We encourage all motorists to utilize safety first by implementing the following measures to prevent dangerous accidents that can seriously injure or kill themselves or others:
CALIFORNIA ACCIDENT ATTORNEY SAFETY FIRST PLEDGE
- Put your cell phone away from you while driving, preferably in a location such as your trunk or glovebox where you can’t easily reach it to prevent you from taking a quick glance at your phone.
- Turn your cell-phone completely off while driving.
- Before looking for a distraction while driving always think “Safety First” and realize nothing is more important than staying alive.
- Stick to your word and take the National Highway and Safety Administration Pledge to stop texting and driving.
Take the pledge today and join Sky Law Group, APC to stop distracted driving in California.
GET HELP TODAY FROM A CALIFORNIA TEXTING AND DRIVING ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you or a loved one has been injured by a distracted driver or texting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, our experienced and aggressive attorneys can help you get the most compensation. Sky Law Group, APC can pursue any injury claim or wrongful death claim due to the careless acts of a distracted driver.
Call us now at 1-844-4SKY-LAW or fill out our online contact form for a free consultation. Get the maximum compensation you deserve and let Sky Law Group, APC fight the insurance carriers on your behalf.