TOP BICYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN LOS ANGELES AND ORANGE COUNTY
California leads the nation in bicycle accidents. It is no surprise our busy streets coupled with our year-round temperate climate create dangerous conditions for cyclists. In recent years, cyclist deaths have soared in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Too often, this is a result of motorists who do not understand that public roads, based on the conditions, must be shared with cyclists. To remind motorists, some beach cities including Corona Del Mar and Newport Beach have painted Sharrows on the roads to remind the general population that cyclists, as granted by law, are permitted to share the road with motorists.
As the rate of cyclist injuries rise, so too does the medical costs for injuries sustained by cyclists. Cyclists are not protected against the enormous forces generated by motor vehicles in a collision and suffer from severe injuries and sometimes even death. In addition to common contusions, lesions and scrapes, some of the injuries suffered by cyclists include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Often caused by heavy forces to the head or body that leads to brain dysfunction. According to the Mayo Clinic, even mild traumatic brain injuries can causes temporary dysfunction of brain cells.
- Nerve Damage – Damage could occur to nerves in your brain and spinal cord and also to peripheral nerves throughout your body.
- Fractured Clavicle – A common fracture in cyclist accidents known as a broken collarbone. A fractured clavicle is often the result of a cyclist landing on the pavement, shoulder-first, at a high rate of speed with extreme force.
- Amputation – Typically caused by accidents with motor vehicles, cyclists suffer from amputations due to the severe force of impact absorbed by their bodies.
- Dental Injuries – As the impact with the pavement is made, dental injuries including chipped teeth and broken jaws can result.
Serious injuries require extensive medical treatment and it’s in your best interest to retain an experienced bicycle accident attorney to represent you against large and powerful insurance companies. At Sky Law Group APC, our bicycle accident attorneys aggressively protect your legal rights while maximizing the value of pain and suffering in your case, recovering lost wages and negotiating medical liens and bills on your behalf.
If a friend or family member has been killed in a cyclist accident, Sky Law Group APC will aggressively represent the estate with a wrongful death claim.
CONTACT OUR LOS ANGELES AND ORANGE COUNTY BICYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS TODAY
If you or a loved one has suffered from a bicycle injury or want to pursue a wrongful death claim, you need aggressive representation against the negligent party. Time is of the essence to maximize the value of your claim. Sky Law Group specializes in catastrophic injuries suffered by cyclists on open roads. We have helped families recover millions of dollars and we will fight tirelessly to obtain maximum results in your case.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer.