CALIFORNIA CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Every year thousands of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents throughout California. As population density grows and distracted drivers become more common, our roads and freeways are more dangerous than ever. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows an increase in deaths arising from motor vehicle accidents and injured victims year over year. Sadly, most of these injuries and deaths are preventable and are due to careless or negligent behavior of the driver.
As the use of technology grows so does injuries on our roadways. Texting, checking sports scores, using cell phones or simply taking ones eyes off the road yield to dangerous accidents for innocent victims throughout Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside Counties.
FOCUSED DRIVING IS SAFE DRIVING
Although common sense for many people, it’s imperative to drive only when alert and focused. Driving under the Influence (DUI/DWI) has become an epidemic and according to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA):
- Alcohol impaired driving accounts for 40% of fatal crashes
- 3 in every 10 Americans will be involved in an alcohol-related crash at some time in their lives
- Nearly 1.5 million people are arrested each year for driving while intoxicated and 2/3 are first time offenders.
- Every 12 minutes someone dies in a motor vehicle crash, every 10 seconds an injury occurs and every 5 seconds a crash occurs.
The dangers of our main form of transportation, a motor vehicle, are real and how prepared you are after an accident can make all the difference in your case.
IMMEDIATE ACTIONS AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT
There are various steps you can take which will help your injury claim immediately after an accident. With all accident claims, time is of the essence:
- If able, get the license plate number, drivers license name and phone number along with insurance information of the at fault party.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and gather the names of numbers of any witnesses who saw the accident.
- Call the police department and file a police report
- Get immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Do not speak to the insurance carrier regarding the accident, call an attorney immediately to protect your rights after an accident
TOP RATED CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN CALIFORNIA
If you were injured in a car accident you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering including:
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Consortium
- Reduction of Medical Bills
- Ongoing Medical Treatment for Injuries
If you have been injured in an accident, having an experienced, aggressive attorney with resources on your side will help you get maximum compensation for your injuries. Not all lawyers or law firms are the same. Some attorneys do not take a case to trial. Sky Law Group APC, will help you get the most compensation possible by taking your case to trial and protecting your rights. Our law firm has successfully recovered millions for injured victims throughout California. Call us today for a free, no obligation, consultation.